Confidentiality and Privacy
The Clutter Fairy offers a fully confidential service and will not divulge any information whatsoever to a third party without your approval. If you are kind enough to give a testimonial and/or photographs they will be used only with your prior written consent.
Protecting your data
We are registered with ICO (The Information Commissioner’s Office) We will never sell or share your data with anyone other than employees or subcontractors of The Clutter Fairy.
All advice given is given in good faith. It is always your own decision whether or not to follow any advice given. We accept no responsibility for your actions and any consequences of these.
We are happy to undertake some light cleaning to assist the decluttering and reorganising process, but please note that we do not provide a cleaning service.
We cannot move or lift very large items of furniture for Health and Safety reasons. If this is required, it may be sensible to arrange a willing volunteer.
If access to your home or premises is restricted or unsafe, we reserve the right to charge for lost time and expenses incurred.
Removal of items/ Green policy
We aim to promote recycling of your possessions wherever suitable and can offer advice on different options for appropriate disposal or sale. Any items removed from your property are, in general, done so at your own discretion and by yourself. We are able to take items to a charity shop and will discuss this during the consultation.
Payment terms for Decluttering and Organising
We charge £20 for an initial consultation in your home or premises, which lasts between 30 and 60 minutes. If a booking is made, the initial consultation fee will be deducted from the overall fee.
We charge an hourly rate of £35 for decluttering to the nearest 15 minutes and £45 for weekends, design or project management work. Working hours will be calculated from the time we arrive at your home or premises until the time we leave excluding any breaks or including additional estimated time for disposing of items to the charity shop. Our minimum session length is 3 hours. Occasionally, we will offer special promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of that advertisement.
We accept cash, BACS , credit card, Paypal or cheque made payable to The Clutter Fairy. If you would like to pay by credit card or Paypal, please let us know in advance.
Payment terms for Virtual Organising
We charge £20 for a 30-minute session or £30 per hour (this includes a 10-minute break halfway through each hour included in the cost). Working hours will be calculated from the time the call starts until the time the overall session ends. Our minimum session length is 30 minutes. Occasionally, we will offer special promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of that advertisement.
We do not record any calls and to protect our business sensitive information we request that Clients do not record the calls either, the signing of this document equates to agreement of these non-disclosure terms.
We are happy to travel up to 15 miles each way (30 miles in total) from M33, LL11, HX7 or FY5 (whichever is nearest to you) free of charge. Any travel over 30 miles will be charged at 45p per mile. This will be discussed during the consultation.
Cancellations are sometimes unavoidable. However, any cancellation by you within 48 hours of the agreed start time may, at the discretion of The Clutter Fairy, incur a charge of any expenses accrued to date and up to 50% of the contract price. We may agree to credit this payment against your account if the work is scheduled to start within two months of such cancellation.
Other suppliers or services
We are happy to make suggestions on the use of additional services, for example, cleaners or handymen, and can help to arrange these services. However we will not be held liable if their performance falls below an acceptable standard nor for any loss or damage caused by any supplier, its employees or agents. Suppliers' charges are payable by you directly.
The Clutter Fairy is covered by Public Liability Insurance to a value of £1 million.
All Clutter Fairy representatives have been DBS checked.
From time to time we would like to send you information about any new services, company news and special offers by email. We are registered with ICO (The Information Commissioner’s Office) and we will never sell or share your data with anyone other than employees or subcontractors of The Clutter Fairy.
Covid-19 – Risk Assessment and Working Practices
Our main priority when working with clients is the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved in the process. As such we have had to make some amendments to the way we work in light of the recent Covid-19 outbreak.
This policy and its procedures will be amended as appropriate based on any Government guideline changes.
Changes to procedures:
- When working together we must remain a minimum of 2M apart wherever possible.
- We will only work with one client at a time. Other members of the household need to be in other parts of the home (preferably not in the home at all).
- All parties must wear masks during the session, these will be disposed of correctly at the end of each session and new masks will be worn for each new client session.
- We will wash our hands upon entering the home and at appropriate intervals based on the work that we are doing.
- We will need access to clean running water (we will provide our own hand sanitiser, soap and paper towels to dry our hands with).
- Risk assessments must be completed prior to any visit and if there are any changes in health conditions of any members of the household (or anyone that a household member comes into contact with regularly) we must be informed.
- We will adhere to the Risk Assessment criteria and inform you of any changes to our health (or those around us) prior to our booking commencing.
- We will not attend any property where either the Risk Assessment has not been complete or the procedures above are not adhered to.
- We reserve the right to decline work or leave a client session if we do not feel it is safe to be there
- We cannot work in a household where a resident is shielding (due to being high-risk).
- We cannot work in a household where anyone has had to self-isolate (whether that is due to experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or having come in to contact with someone who has it, or is suspected of having it) or quarantine.
- During this period, until further notice, we will be unable to remove any items from the client's home. We can discuss other ways removal of these items can be achieved.
- We also ask that, where possible, ventilation is provided in the spaces that we are working (doors/windows open).